I realise now we have probably lost the dogs and I know you can't put a price on the emotional affects, especially my depression but I feel we made a financial commitment of £1370 and were in an agreement that the dogs were reserved until the kennel had arrived. This money was only spent to secure these dogs and to show our commitment, I could of purchased a cheap kennel and already had the dogs but I wanted to provide the best and because of this it has taken extra time and I feel I have been penalised. I would like to know if there is anyway I can recover this money from the owners. Please see below for email received from owners today.
Hi Andy,For the past few weeks Graham and I have been a bit worried about whether the dogs will adapt to living indoors and within a town environment. We have also been worried about the fact that you do not yet have a kennel although I do understand that you have been trying to get one.Last week I was approached by an old friend who lives on a farm who was looking for a pair of springers and after much consideration we feel that this would actually offer Flute and Lilly the best possible home.We do not doubt you would have given them a great life however we think that having free access to run around and explore is what will be best for their bouncy nature and personalities.I appreciate your commitment to them and hope that you can understand our decision. It was not our intention to mess you around however we ultimately needed to make the right decision for the dogs.Hilary
Thank you for your quick response but obviously I am disappointed I can't do anything to recover my outlay and feel that during this whole process I was the only one taking a risk, clearly a foolish one. So despite the kennel being part of the agreement they can do whatever they want without any consequences and simply leave us with a financial burden. This has also left my mental heath at risk, for which may simply deteriorate. Anyway I have copied below the email correspondence about choosing us.
Thank you again,
Hi Andy,Thank you for getting back to us, it was lovely yo meet you both at the weekend. Graham and I have discussed your email and we think you would be able to offer a great home to flute and Lily.I think it will initially be quite a change for them but I feel that you will be committed to working with them to adapt to their new home.I will measure the kennel size and let you know.If you would like to come down again at the weekend or mon/tues with your mum to get to know them more and take them for a walk that would ok.I hope this is good news for you both. I know that Graham and I will miss them but I think this is in the best interests of the dogs.Many thanksHilary