13262538

, I have recently separated from my husband. He does not

hello, I have recently separated from my husband. He does not see our 4 children regularly but a few weeks ago he took the out over night. He took them to a mutual friends house where they were playing, whilst there he got really drunk, feel asleep in the cab on the way to the hotel, wouldn't wake up to the point where my eldest daughter (16) had to send him to bed and sort out the other 3 children and had to go to the hotels reception to get a bed made up in the small hours of the night. my children are aged 16, 11, 8 and 5 and I feel that I cannot trust him to have them. can you help?
Have you offered simple visiting rather than overnight contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

the problem is that he has decided to move back to his home town in Halifax and we live in London. I don't think he would agree with a visit without having them over night because he comes from Yorkshire.

Given what has happened that is his problem and not yours
After the events of the recent overnight contact then clearly your ex is not currently capable of caring for the children overnight and for the time being contact will have to be limited to day visits.
You should offer to discuss this with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Obviously if he is able to reassure you over the months that he is capable of caring for the children overnight then you can try that again
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details