75100385

- My question is, if I cannot keep up with the monthly rent

Hi - My question is, if I cannot keep up with the monthly rent at all and literally stop paying it because of constant loss of business and after 14 days rent overdue my lease would come to an end as per the clause in my lease agreement.
Does that mean, I do not have to pay the rent of my remaining lease and get evicted by property owner?
what is the meaning of "forfeiture of this lease does not cancel any outstanding obligations", is it about other bills and taxes/ wages etc or is it the remaining rent?
Mind you, can't pay rent that's why it all happened in the first place?
Please advise.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether you have signed in a personal capacity or limited company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

personal capacity

Yes it does mean you can get evicted. As a business owner then as soon as you are 1 day late technically the owner can come in and change the locks. For a business the Landlord does not usually require a Court order.
So by not paying you are in breach of your lease and the lease comes to an end once the Landlord takes possession.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks - still not sure what do we mean by "outstanding obligations still to pay" in the lease?

Outstanding obligations such as rent due whilst property is still unoccupied and let out.
Does that clarify?

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.