12826847

, I have a ccj against me in which it is paid up. The company

Customer Question

Hi, I have a ccj against me in which it is paid up. The company has since gone into liquidation.
I have applied to the court to have this set aside, with details and proof it has been paid up. I have had a letter from the court saying it has been struck off.
I don't know what this means, can someone tell me please.
On what basis were you hoping to get it set aside?
Do you mean marked satisfied?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes so I can clear it from my credit records.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I was hoping to get it ether marked satisfied.
Ok.
When was it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It happened in September*****hearing was in March 2015
You cannot get this set aside on this basis. It will stay on your credit rating for six years even though it is paid although nobody would realistically take much notice of it after three years or thereabouts.
You can get it marked satisfied though and you can also ask the credit scoring agencies to put a notice upon it explaining the CCJ - for instance if it were a dispute over liability rather than poor money management.
If you also want a certificate showing that it's been paid you can apply in writing to the court that last heard your case, for a 'Certificate of Satisfaction' enclosing:
a) evidence that the debt has been fully repaid,
b) a statement advising that reasonable steps have been taken to obtain such evidence but you have been unable to do so; or
c) a statement advising that you believe the evidence of payment is already held at the court; and the court fee of £15 (cheque payable to HMCTS)
You'll also need the claim number of the CCJ.
This only happens if you pay in full. Part repayment of CCJ's is not recorded.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is what I have done and the reply from the court was it has been struck off.
What does this mean?
It probably means they have marked it satisfied.
Unless you have been very lucky and the company have agreed to removal but that isn't likely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok Thankyou
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.