75100385

my son was allowed a waiver to get into America 2 years ago

my son was allowed a waiver to get into America 2 years ago after being caught smoking cannabis 10 years ago . he was only fined
this waiver has now expired and he has been advised by the American embassy in Belfast that he again would have to travel to Belfast for a personal meeting.
he has just started anew job and would find it very difficult to get over to Belfast
We as a family are booked to go to America on the 17 7 15 but the embassy advise there is awaiting list of 20 weeks which would be to late to allow him to go
As he has already had a waiver before is there anyway to get the waiver sooner and without going to Belfast
he his 28 and never done anything wrong since
thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is this in relation to an ESTA please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Was this a new ESTA?
Did he have an existing ESTA?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no he cant get one because the American consulate say he will always need a visa and everytime he needs one they the consulate have to apply to the dept of homeland security for special permission known as a waiver .

this small offence happened 8 years ago is it not spent ?

HE was already granted a waiver 2 years ago yet he has to go through the same procedure

It is spent but sadly the question he will be asked is has he EVER been arrested or convicted. It makes no difference in the UK whether it has been spent because he is applying go to a different country.
Therefore if he has been refused an ESTA sadly this means he must apply for a visa. If he does not have a visa then sadly he is not entitled to travel to the USA.
Sadly he needs to make an appointment, but should also try the Embassy in London to see if there are any earlier appointments; If not then he will have to see if there are any earlier ones in Belfast or Southern Ireland.
But sadly he needs a visa because an ESTA is not automatic.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOR HELP I THOUGHT WHAT YOU SAID WOULD BE THE CASE I WAS JUST HOPING THAT THERE MIGHT BE SOME ONE WE COULD CONTACT TO MAKE SURE EVERTHING WOULD COMPLETED BEFORE THE 17TH JULY OTHERWISE HE WON'T BE ABLE TO COME THE MAIN PROBLEM IS YOU CAN'T SPEAK TO ANYBODY

I am very sorry. Indeed I would just keep trying the Embassy's.Can I help you with anything else today?

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.