Dear Sir/Madam, I have received a court summons (Case No. RR131/14/0016) for a traffic light offence which occurred on 10/11/2014 @1652 hours, below is the sequence of events of what has happened since the offence:
1) 20/11/14 received Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty Your Ref:RR0131/14/0016O1X
Our Ref: C62215876
2) 21/11/14 Posted of Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, completed Part 1, accepting that I was the driver of the vehicle at the time.
3) 26/11/14 Receive another Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty Ref:0013000779423120C62215876. For exactly the same offence.
4) 04/12/14 received letter from HM Courts & Tribunal Services, confirming that I have paid the penalty(the letter does not state the amount paid but it was £100) with respect to Fixed Penalty Notice :0013000779423120 Offence Date 10/11/14. The letter also states that Full License invalid issue, stating that your records show that license 04 in invalid and that I have been issued with license issue 05, and that I need to submit both parts of the newer license.
5) I contact the DVLA, since I have only had one licence issued since I passed my driving test and they told me that the address I was stating:*****London E7 9ER, is not the address they have on their database, and I replied well its the address printed on the paper license and I have not changed addresses since, they advised me to write a letter stating the facts and post it to then which I did. I called them a few weeks later and no letter had arrived, so on 09/01/15 I resent the letter by recorded delivery, which they have received and I was told the matter is under investigation and to my knowledge the matter is still under investigation as I haven’t heard from the DVLA at all.
6) 17/02/15 Receive £100 refund from Ministry of Justice for Invoice/Claim Number 001300077942312036187.
7) 18/04/15 Receive court summons.
As you can see a lot has gone on and I am very confused and deeply concerned as to what is going on. I committed a Traffic light offence which I accepted, I paid the penalty in good time, I sent my paper license off for endorsement (the photocopy shows someone tried to put the endorsement on but then crossed it out), so I had accepted the offence paid the fine sent my license off, and in the midst of all of this I get another FPN for exactly the same offence, and above all the DVLA are still investigating why my address is different in their records. Then I get a refund for the Fixed Penalty Notice, and finally a court summons.
I am a law abiding citizen please can you help me and sort this out.