12826847

I have a legal case against the police (which has been confirmed

I have a legal case against the police (which has been confirmed by other solicitors) but I earn £126/month too much to get legal aid but I also don't have the £5000 as a retainer to pay for it privately. Are there any other option out there where I can pursue this throught the legal system?
You can either self represent or you can approach the free agencies. The latter does depend very much upon the goodwill of others but you can always get the cab to refer the case to the bar pro bono unit in the hope that somebody will be interested.
Failing that you woukd have to self represent. That might we'll be easier than you think. It depends on the nature of your case. Some are. If complicated.