Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

booked a holiday on line on Friday at around 2pm text to cancel

booked a holiday on line on Friday at around 2pm text to cancel holiday at around 6pm after having been advised by doctor my husband should not go and he needed an urgent appointment with specialist at hospital the company are refusing to refund any of the money paid can they do this and does cooling off period apply to holiday bookings
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Sadly the Consumer Contracts Regulations which replaced the distance selling regulations do not apply to the purchase of travel arrangements or hotel bookings so there is no cooling off period applicable to the purchase.
The company are therefore entitled to refuse to refund.
It may be that the cost will be covered by your travel insurance. I would suggest you contact the insurance company to see if you can get your money back that way.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer, thank you and all the best.