75100385

I have been called to an interview concerning an allegation

I have been called to an interview concerning an allegation of benefit fraud by DWP....should I respond at the time of the interview or ask for time to respond. I have no information as to the nature of the allegation at present..I am in receipt of housing benefit and council tax benefit and have been since retiring 2 years ago.
Your advice please
***** *****
Suffolk
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you failed to disclose a change in circumstances at all? Have they said how much the overpayment is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex, thanks for reply.....There has been no change in our circumstances, there is no indication of overpayment or any clue as to reason for allegation

rgds

Sadly there is not an awful lot you can do at the moment then. To be called in then clearly the DWP must consider there has been a change which you have failed to declare. It may be a misunderstanding or it may be that you have had someone move in with you (for example) and not said.But until you know what the actual substance of the allegation is there is not much you can do at this stage.However because it is an interview under caution you are entitled to take a Solicitor with you, so it is a matter for you whether you wish to do that. But sadly I can not tell you any more than if you have done nothing wrong, then you do not need to worry,If there has been a failure to declare a change and you have been overpaid then if the overpayment is a few thousand pounds Court can be avoided.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?