12826847

My daughter has just rented a property via an estate Agent

Customer Question

My daughter has just rented a property via an estate Agent acting as the letting Agency. her contract clearly states that the rent is to be paid to the Agent.
The Agent charges the landlady 7% under the Agent Landlady agreement. The landlady when she realised she was losing £48.65 per month went berserk & made such a lot of noise that the Agents have agreed to scrap the agreement with the landlady.
The landlady has been aggressive with my daughter threatening eviction is she does not pay the rent directly to her.
My daughter has just separated from her husband & is going through that grief and does not need the hassle from this situation, is convinced the relationship with the Landlady is completely soured & wants out.
My feeling is the Estate Agents are culpable in this, should now release my daughter from her contract pay back all monies paid over plus compensate her for costs of re-location
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Has your daughter paid anything up and above the rent required please?