12826847

By the 0rder of our clubs three trustees, our workingmens club

Customer Question

By the 0rder of our clubs three trustees, our workingmens club is about to be shut down and sold. For the last 8 weeks we have called a special general meeting, which the trustees did not turn up for. WEhave sent out letters to the trustees calling for them to attend another meeting, but they are going ahead to change the locks remove property etc. The members where going to vote for the removal of the three trustees at an appointed meeting, but they got wind of this and are not co-operating. Do we as a non registered workingmens club have any clarity of removing them?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I ask if your club has a formal constitution by written document please?If so would I be correct to assume it has a committee? If so are there different members of the committee than the trustees?