13262538

My ex partner currently owes in excess of 12,000 csa. I received

Customer Question

My ex partner currently owes in excess of 12,000 csa. I received a letter last July claiming he didn't have to pay any weekly mainenance as he was no longer in employment. I know he is now working, and have informed the CSA by email today. The arrears are for our 3 children, no longer children. Where do I stand with regards ***** *****? I have 1 child in uni (20), 1 doing her A-levels and going to uni in september (18) , and a 22 year old. The CSA have done nothing really, and the case has gone clerical at least 4 times. I am dubious of phoning them as previous experince is I get nowhere fast.
My ex partner has a navy pension worth at least 100,000.
What do you know about your ex's current financial position?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not much to be honest. I know he is engaged, even though we are still legally married, and I know he lives with his partner and has done for around 5 years. He owns a fairly newish car. He has no dependants.
Does he own his own home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
You are entitled to make a formal complaint (in writing) about the conduct of the CSA.
The CSA has no excuse for not enforcing the Order - they have the power to revoke his driving licence if he has no assets.
You should follow the written process set out in this leaflet
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/319137/how-do-i-complain.pdf
and escalate it up as far as you need to do so
Do NOT deal with the CSA on the phone.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details