12826847

My neice and her ex have sold their house and the solicitor

Customer Question

My neice and her ex have sold their house and the solicitor has the money of £12,000 which was left after the mortgage was cleared and the solicitor paid for dealing with the house sale. They have borrowed £14,000 from me over the past 4 years. They spoilt 2 years ago and this has been on going. Next week each of them with their solicitor have to meet up to discuss this. What I wd like to know is, who gets paid first out of the £12,000, will it b the solicitors bill for dealing with this or would I get the £12,000 to pay part of my bill? Thanks
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. You refer to your "bill". Is this just a figure of speech or do you have an actual invoice outstanding for payment please?You mention they ave borrowed money from you. Have you any form of written agreement for the loan or were monies just lend informally?If the latter do you ave records evidencing the money you paid - e.g. bank records?Which of them borrowed the money - one of them or both?