UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I have applied in May 21 2014; I checked

Customer Question

I have applied for naturalisation in May 21 2014; I checked it through the local council; they took the money in one week; I received a letter within one month and then 6 months later, another letter came telling me that they will do further checks between 3-6 months,; until now I haven't heard anything from them; any advice
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Is there anything which you may think may have affected your application?
Do you have any convictions? Parking tickets?
What nationality are you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no convictions, warnings or parking ticket, I am working with NHS trust as a registered nurse.
Nationality Eritrean;
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am very surprised that this has take so long long. The longest I have had to wait for a clients application is usually 4-6 months but not longer. If you had any outstanding convictions parking tickets, then I would have understood why the home office is taking so long to decide the application.
Usually the home office make extra checks before issuing someone with citizenship, these could include verification checks in your home country, sometimes this can mean that the home office send a request for information on things such as criminal records etc and there is a considerable delay in receiving a reply.
In your case I would recommend that you write to the home office stating your frustration at the delay they have caused in deciding your application and ask them for an update, this way your file will be flagged up and they may expedite their decision on your file or make it a priority. If you do nothing then they will just take their time.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this clarifies the matter, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.