Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

can a charging order be put on a property twice by the same

can a charging order be put on a property twice by the same company
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I ask has the company in question secured more than one judgement debt order - i.e. in respect of two separate debts that are owed please - or do both charging orders relate to the same judgement debt?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

one seperate debt for a company credit card mbna

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. A charging order can be sought once in respect of each individual debt. A second charging order cannot be secured for the same judgement debt. So for example if company A secures a judgement for a debt against person B in January 2014 (Judgement 1) and then a second judgement debt for a separate debt in December 2014 (Jusgement 2) Company A could apply for two charging orders over person B's property, one for Judgement 1 and one for Judgement 2. However company A cannot secure more than one charging order over the same property for Judgement 1 or for that matter Judgement 2. I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me.