12826847

Can the police get your mobile phone records if you where arested

Customer Question

Can the police get your mobile phone records if you where arested but released without charge? Arested for theft. Can you find out if they have requested them by asking your phone company
What is the connection to the offence of theft?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was arrested for theft. They demanded my phone that I did not have with me. They then detained my for 28hrs whilst they searched every part of my life and found nothing.
I have totally unrelated privet matters on my phone.
OK.
What is the nature of the theft?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was asked to provide assistance in fork lifting in the warehouse due to manning shortages. Worked there for 3 weeks. During that time 44 items went missing. Was arrested on the grounds that I had been seen carting a black hold-all for there. I was it contained my sports gear for a weekend away.
Is there suggestion that your phone woukd or de evidence of this ? We're you said to have arranged disposal of these items using it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Not at all.
They can seize anything which is expected to have evidence. A mobile telephone can often obviously have evidence upon it.
On the face of it there is no connection at all here although I haven't had vision of their justification for this.
They certainly should not be seizing phones on a fishing expedition though in the hope of finding something.
Anybody can ask their telephone company for information but they probably will not tell them anything about a police investigation.