12826847

if I was flashed by a speed camera doing 105mph what are the

Customer Question

if I was flashed by a speed camera doing 105mph what are the chances of me not getting a ban
What was the speed limit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was a due carriage a41 I think 70mph
It does depend on the speed limit at the location. However, if this is a 70 mph zone then you are at risk of 6 points or a short ban of between 7 - 56 days.
Generally speaking, on first offences, people get points rather than an immediate bans. Unless the speed was very high or there was some evidence of an irresponsible manoeuvre or some other form of dangerous action bans are not preferred.
You want to be emphasing the shortness of any distance driven at speed, the absence of heavy traffic, the clemency of the weather, the clarity of the visibility if indeed those points are true.
It would be surprising if you were banned.