Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

If we have signed a sub-contractor contract job but that

If we have signed a sub-contractor contract for a job but that contract was missing some appendixes, more specifically those that state the equipment to be used and also a remit of the project, would it still be looked at favorably in a court of law or would it be null and void?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please could you explain the situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jenny, thanks for replying to my question. I'll try and keep the explanation as brief as possible for this. Basically a longstanding client of ours took on a project with a new customer of theirs who made them sign a contract for the job as they are a barristers firm. Our client in turn got one of my colleagues who was looking after them to sign a contract with them although it was not identical to the one they had signed. Although the project has been completed with the exception of a few snags of which the end user has decided they want to use their position as a way of trying to pay less for the system (something which our customer is fighting with them). They currently has legal help with this as they are being targeted both by their client and us as they have not paid for anything yet with regards ***** ***** and labour for this project. We have been fighting our case against them and although they don't have a defense for much of our case, they keep referring to the contract for certain areas. Basically, my colleague signed the contract but it is missing some appendices of which they have never supplied even though we requested them. What I wish to know before I reply back to their latest email is whether the contract can still be pointed to or whether it would actually be null and void due to these appendices missing that it refers to in certain instances elsewhere on the contract?

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi the fact that clauses are missing from the contract would not render the entire agreement null and void unfortunately .
The missing clauses would only have an impact if they are something the otherside is trying to rely on (which I do not think is the case here).
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer.Thank you and all the best.