12826847

We are almost 6 years post bankruptcy and have worked extremely

Customer Question

We are almost 6 years post bankruptcy and have worked extremely hard to rebuild our credit file. We have just received a CCj for an unpaid ground rent bill ( which we had no knowledge of) on a property that was put into LPA pre bankruptcy. It's like wading through quick sand trying to get anything sorted out regarding LPA policy. I took the day off work to sort out the Ccj but am totally at the mercy of the lender and Lpa practitioner to resolve this. My over riding question is how do we get out of this place and get the property taken into possession by the lender? The property was listed in the bankruptcy, will this roll into the bankruptcy and be governed by the dates of bankruptcy/ discharge as with all the other debts?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. Could you clarify - is the CCJ you reer to a court order ordering you to pay or is it a claim form claiming the money (i.e. the start of the court process) please?Regarding the property am I right to assume that you do not propose to attempt to buy back into the property but have decided to walk away from it (if possible)?