12826847

MY Father would like to make inquiries about power of attorney,

Customer Question

MY Father would like to make inquiries about power of attorney, he as asbestos related
cancer which is being dealt by asbestos support west midlands. Would you be able to see
him at home or hospital and could you please let us know what the fee would be.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. A solicitor would charge typically £450-600 + VAT for preparation of a power of attorney for property and affairs and around £550-800 + VAT for preparation of the finance and health and welfare powers together. As you will know there are two separate powers required for finance and for health/welfare powers. There will typically be an extra charge for a home or hospital visit. Unfortunately I cannot visit your father but it is possible to create a power of attorney if someone other than the individuals to be appointed as attorney has known him for more than two years and is prepared to confirm that he has mental capacity. Alternatively you could ask his hospital consultant if he would be willing to sign to confirm this though they often will not. If there is such a frien or relative available then you can proceed without a hospital visit. I would be very happy to prepare powers of attorney documents you can use to create a power of attorney and give you detailed instructions on needs to be signed and any follow up support you require. The cost would be £275 for one power or £350 if you require both powers for finance and health. Please let me know if I can assist further with this