75100385

, I have a client, that owes me 10k I stopped doing work

Customer Question

I have a client, that owes me 10k I stopped doing work as the payments got slower and slower and then stopped. I have some items that were given to my company to aid with the work we were doing. the new value a year ago was 1.5k now in reality its worth under a 1k. I had given them some breathing space and then out of no where I am getting threats asking for the return of the items. Do I have any right to keep them in view of the 10k debit?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes. If they owe you money and you have their items, it is called set off. So yes you can keep it.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.