Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Can you find out what land or property a person owns by there

Can you find out what land or property a person owns by there name only
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. It is possible but only in certain circumstances. Could you kindly briefly outline the circumstances and reasons you want to carry out such a search please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have lent this person a large amount of money and although it sounds ridicules only had his phone number that is now an know number He lives in Blackpool or the area near by

It keeps saying someone else is using my e mail address I have used you before that might be why
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Unfortunately it is not possible to carry out a search of the property register by name in these circumstances. There are very limited circumstances when you can do this, such as divorce, bankruptcy, someone has died and so on. In all other cases you need a court order to do so. However based on the circumstances you describe I believe you need to consider the services of a tracing agent. These are agents who specialise in tracing down debtors. They have access to a wide range of information such as credit information, electoral roll information and so and are extremely adept at findin individuals on limited information. Many offer a no find no fee service and are lkely to produce results. It is also possible to sign up to 192.com and pay a small fee to carry out searches yourself though these will not be as comprehensive as the service offered by a tracing agent e.g. http://www.tracedebtors.com/ Finally if all else fails if you transferred money using cheque or bank transfer and so can find out their account details, you can find out the name and address of the person associated with that account using an application known (rather oddly) as a Norwich Pharmacal Order. I would recommend this as a second step if the above tracing agent fails because the application is a little long winded but it is there as a fall back if necessary. I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful