Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

VALIDITY OF ENDURING POWER OF ATTORNEY DRAWN UP AND SIGNED

VALIDITY OF ENDURING POWER OF ATTORNEY DRAWN UP AND SIGNED IN 1995
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. How may I assist you with this issue? Do you have a specific question I can help with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am concerned whether the old forms are still valid in view of the comprehensive current ones

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
There is no need for concern. Enduring powers of attorney are still valid. It has not been possible to execute a valid EPA since October 2007 but EPAs executed before that date remain valid providing they have been properly signed witnessed and dated.An EPA does not need to be registered in order to be used but if the donor of the power loses capaccity the attorney must register the EPA before he continues to act as attorney.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
I hope the above is helpful? Can I help you with anything else or has the above answered your questions satisfactorily? If you could drop me a quick message to let me know I'd be very grateful.