Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only

I have been over the last year or so sent fairly unpleasant

I have been over the last year or so sent fairly unpleasant emails by a mother in my son's class. They are all related to me and the way I behave towards her and her son. When they first started I made an effort to diffuse the situation by speaking to her directly. It didnt help and the texts and emails have been getting nastier and nastier.
Before christmas she sent me a few texts which were fairly nasty. I responded to one asking her to stop but I got a barrage of abuse back,
Unfortunatley I didn't keep the texts but this week she has sent me two more emails, and has also emailed other mothers in the class saying nasty things about me, and that I have been spreading rumours about her son. She has been into school I think and complained about me (though school have not approached me) and I want to make the emails stop now. They are hurtful and upsetting me and I'm starting to feel scared and panicky. Can you tell me what to do and whether I should speak to the school?The outcome that I want is for her to stop emailing and texting me. I can't block her email address unfortunately as she is our class rep and I need to know the information she is sending out to the class.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Have you asked her to stop sending the messages to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I asked her to stop before christmas. She just sent more abuse back, so I ignored them this week.

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
What do the emails say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This was on Monday - my son is Charlie.

Before the kids broke up from school I had Taylor coming home most days saying Charlie was being unkind in one way or another, either snubbing him in front of all the boys or putting him down at sport to mention a few but I kept telling him that Charlie wasn't worth getting upset over and I let it go.

I have just got home with the kids to find Taylor very upset as apparently you have been telling other mothers of the boys and they have told Taylor that he is a bully?? Is this correct?

This is a very serious matter and I will not have you spreading your poisonous words about my son esp as we have the unfortunate situation that they are going to be at the same secondary school. My son is not a bully and how dare you say he is you nasty little women! And apparently Matthew must be too if they are friends??

Anyone of my friends will tell you that I have always said if you have a problem with my child just tell me and I will deal with it. No we most defiantly are not friends but I have said this to everyone in the past so it's common knowledge. I will not tolerate you bad mouthing Taylor like this, how dare you!!!!

What is your problem? have you not got anything better to do with your life.. YOUR son has been the unkind one since we fell out, constantly stubbing Tay or putting him down in one way or the other but I just told him to ignore him as he wasn't worth it.

Let me make myself very clear Hannah, you are messing with the wrong person if you think I'm going to just lay down and take this from you! And let your son continue to make Taylors last term at Micklefield with his friends an unhappy one.

I don't want Charlie being friends with Taylor anymore than you want them being friends believe me! so if Charlie has a problem with Tay tell him to go play with some of the other boys like Andrew and James as they are far more suited in personalities really aren't they?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This was sent to other parents

I have heard that Hannah Higginbotham has been spreading vicious rumors that my son is a bully. He is not a bully and it is a very unkind accusation to be spreading. If anyone has a problem with Tay come to me please and I will deal with him. He is a 10 year old boy with a big personality and I happen to be very proud of him! he isn't perfect but no one is!?

He is very upset by this and I would appreciate it if you come to your own conclusions re my son and not listen to a women who is just bitter and has a huge problem with me for some reason.

This matter is now with the school.

Ps Apparently Matthew must be a bully to because he is a good friend of Taylors ( according to Hannah )

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
To be honest I would take this straight into school and say you do not know how to handle it. There is an element of threat involved in this email and the school should be aware that this is going on.
You should ask the other parent to stop emailing you.
Keep a record of any communication you receive from them in the future.
At the moment I do not think there is anything further you can do. Hopefully the school will assist you with dealing with this.
If the messages persist or become more threatening then you may be able to take further action to prevent them from happening.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you.
All the best with this. I am a mother of school children and this parent's behaviour strikes me as quite childish.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this situation?
I am happy to answer any further questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your email. The answer was very helpful. I have emailed her to ask her to stop and I will speak to the school tomorrow. Yes I agree it is very childish, but it is also nasty and I could really do without it!

At what point if it doesn't stop and the school don't manage to help me diffuse the situation can I think about taking steps to get outside help to stop it?

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
If you receive persistent unwanted communication and are being threatened you may be able to invoke civil or potentially criminal action. You are certainly not at that stage yet. If this continues after you have asked her to stop and the school are aware then you can tell her that you will consider legal action if it does not stop.
I think that she will hopefully then see sense.
All the best with this. Please do remember to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for my time. I will be happy to answer your follow on questions.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She has already emailed me back in response to me asking her to stop.

As soon as u stop telling lies!!

And please don't Dear ***** me!! I thought you had blocked me as u didn't reply so the only way I could let u know what I think of u is to ask Charlie to send it. As long as u keep you vicious lies to yourself u won't hear from me again!
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
As I have already stated go to the school in the first instance. They should be able to assist you with the immediate problem
All the best. Please do remember to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for the time I spend dealing with your question.
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only