12826847

I would like to know if I could get any advice on cpz. We

Customer Question

I would like to know if I could get any advice on cpz. We are the only road in our area without CPZ so it used as a station car park and since the development of new flats and business units on our road over the last 5 years, the residents without access to off street parking are unable to park on our road.
All other surrounding roads have CPZ between 10-11pm so if I come home at that time I have to park 10 minutes away and pay on an expensive parking meter. The stress of this situation has now effected my health.
Despite the support from our local councillors the council has refused to resolve this situation.
Over a year ago the council were going to allow the business units business parking permits which I was advised at the time that it was a extremely unusual for them to get this before residents received CPZ. Thankfully the liberal democrats councillors intervened. A survey was then taken on this road over a year ago and still the council has done nothing.
I have written recently to the head of highways to ask why the council has allowed this to be the only road in the area without CPZ but I have not heard anything back.
I am desperate for help on this situation. I work as a Personal Trainer, the situation has effected my work and now my health, is there anything you can suggest.
What would you like to know about this please?