Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Following on from my earlier question . Is there any other

Customer Question

Following on from my earlier question . Is there any other application that can be made. For example the Claim is fora sum which is 3 times the counterclaim (summary judgement of cc which I will be appealing) for. example application to set aside judgement or application that any monies which are to be paid following this judgement are deferred until the full case is heard as I am likely to succeed in my claim and the defendant who is a limited company can then dissolve his company and not pay monies owed to me. Thank you
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
The application for an appeal will stay the judgement pending determination of your application and if successful of course the judgement will fall away. You cannot apply to set aside a judgement other than a default judgement. Given that judgement has been handed down I cannot see that there is an obvious alternative or complimentary application to be made besides appeal. Had the two claims been heard together which would be typical of course you could have applied for any counterclaim judgement to be set off against your claim judgement but unfortunately because of the manner in which the claim has been managed by the judge you have a judgement for the counterclaim already which leaves you limited options save for the appeal.Is there anything above I can clairfy for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

excellent thank you

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
A pleasure