31090051

Hope you can help? I came home to find a car parked in

Hi hope you can help?
I came home to find a car parked in my parking space beside my private rented flat on private land i had been away for a few weeks.What can i do in Scots law to get the owner to remove it,as i cant get parked.Also how do i find out who owns it?
thank you
Robert
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
DVLA will have a record of who is the registered keeper of the car. Some people can apply to DVLA for the details of a registered keeper, typically insurance companies and solicitors who carry out road traffic related work. I am fairly sure that members of the public can't ask for specific information and the police won't intervene where the vehicle is on private land.
You should contact DVLA and explain your problem, however, and see if they have any advice.
As a matter of law you are entitled to tow the vehicle off the private land and onto the public road, claiming the cost, if any, from the owner. You would need to employ a vehicle transport company to lift the car off site.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.