75100385

My son age 13 was forced to shave his mostash at school .what

My son age 13 was forced to shave his mostash at school .what should I do I call the police
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Does he wear a mostash for religious reasons or for other reasons?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are no religious reasons why he has a mostash and it is not even a proper mostash, as he is only 13 and he is just going through puberty. I would call it a few hair on his upper lip. He told us that this teacher who used to teach him last year has been stopping him in the playground over the past few months telling him that he needed to shave it or else he would get a detention, to be honest we all thought it was just a joke. My son is a very good student and extremely well behaved, loved by everyone at school and never been in any kind of trouble, so we did not think much of it. Today he told him to follow him and he forced him to shave it off in front of the school nurse without asking us for permission. The Head master is appalled and told us there is no such policy in the school, only for six formers, but my son is only in year 8! We have a meeting with the head master tomorrow morning.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
I'm afraid I've been called away on something urgent. I am going to opt out so someone can answer this evening. Please do not respond to this otherwise no one else can pick it up.
Good luck.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what options we have?

Have you written and complained to the school. I need to know what is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have complained and we have also met with the Head Master and the Child Protection Officer on Friday.

They accepted the teacher in question acted inappropriately and apologized on behalf of the school for the incident.

They wrote a letter stating that they have taken appropriate formal action against the member of staff in line with the school's disciplinary policy, but it doesn't state what that is. The letter also states that they have reiterated to this member of staff that he should not talk to our son again. They assured us it will never happen again but have not specifically told us how we can be certain this will never happen again. We want to ensure our son is in a safe environment when at school and also is there any legal action that we could take against this person, rather than the school?

Ok. Then they have apologised that is good. Sadly you can't sue the employee on the employer as they are vicariously liable. Therefore only the school can be liable.
You can write to the council if it is a state funded school and make a complaint. Set out what went wrong and what you want done. They will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are not happy with their reply then you can complain to the local government ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at www.lgo.org.uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is an independent school, does it mean we cannot complain above them?

Ah no. Sadly all you can do is take action direct against the school. But you need to be careful, the loss is going to be quite small, it's a shave, that is it.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience