12826847

As I am moving from my property I have had a few items

Customer Question

Hi, as I am moving from my property I have had a few items that have needed binning, last week I went to the local tip and was accused of getting rid of commercial waste, even though it was items from my house, I invited the council to come to my home to view what was there etc they refused, anyway I went back today with another van load but before hand I took photos of the waste with my home in the background to prove it is not commercial, this wasn't good enough for the same lady from last week and again accused me of getting rid of commercial waste, I rang the council to make a complaint about her in the aggressive manor she spoke to me and also a confidential document was dropped from the cab of the van which she hurried to grab and would not give back to me even though I told her how confidential the letter (bank statements) were and she had no right to look at this. Whilst on the phone to making a complaint about her she then decided that it was her right to rummage through bin bags full of old baby clothes as my daughter 11 months is too big for them and my old clothes to be able to find any more documents every bit of paper she found she took into the tip office, I am seriously not happy about this, 1 because she is accusing me of basically fly tipping *****she spoke to me and 3 the fact that she has letters and papers with my wife's details on and my details on just sitting in an office, I feel like she is now going to try some sort of personal vendetta against me. I told the council and they said she has every right to "investigate" my documents I fail to see how she can do this. I feel like this is a complete violation of my privacy. Is she allowed to do this? And also how can any investigation be started when I proved any evidence required before an investigation was launched.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Just for now please let me know if you were concerned about confidentiality why would you take these to the tip, rather than shred the documents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi the documents in the bags aren't confidential, the documents that fell out of the front of the van (where the seats are) were my bank statements that she felt she could take
Why did you not take them back?