75100385

I have been represented by a law firm but have been dissatisfied

I have been represented by a law firm but have been dissatisfied with his work. I want to go Litigant in Person. I called the defendants solicitors and they told they did not allow/ or I was not allowed to go Litigants in Person. Is this true in any cases?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What type of case is it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is where we are suing a now disbarred solicitor for failing to properly manage the purchase of a property I made 3 years ago including failing to register the deeds in my name. I consequently lost 3 years of rental income.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just answered and it got lost! So again. We are taking a solicitor to court for mismanaging the purchase of a property in 2011 including failing to register the deeds which resulted in me losing 3 years of rental income

Ok - then you can de-instruct your Solicitor at any time. You do not need anyone's permission and they can apply to the Court to come off record.
Therefore you can be in person whenever you want.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What if the solicitors for the defendant still say "we won't deal with you as litigant in person "? This is effectively what they said to me today.

They can't do that. Once your existing solicitors are de-instructed and off record they MUST deal with you. There is no choice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can they refuse to take my calls and insist I write only?

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.