12826847

I am in process of divorcing my husband and have issued an

Customer Question

I am in process of divorcing my husband and have issued an 'On Line' claim against him in respect of his half of joint loan repayments (I have paid just over £5000 on his behalf) which he is refusing to pay. We have been to mediation, he accepts he is liable but won't pay until I sell the house (which, with the loan is in negative equity). The loan is £71000 and charged against house, which is in my sole name. His solicitor now says this should be dealt with by financial proceedings under the Matrimonial Cause Act after the divorce. They are applying to court to strike the action on the grounds that it contains details of without prejudice negotiations which you are not permitted to refer to in court. If the matter is not stayed they will defend the claim and consider counter claim in relation to retention of marital assets
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nicola

Thank you for your response. I have to reply tomorrow morning - as you are unable to help at this time please cancel my request and refund my payment of £38

Chris XXXXX