12826847

What option is open to me regarding a relative with possible

Customer Question

What option is open to me regarding a relative with possible mental health problems who is charged with assault, refused to attend court or engage with a solicitor and eventually got arrested for failing to appear in court?
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I get a legal practitioner to represent her, request the judge to withdraw the case on grounds of mental health and request the court to section her (enforce treatment) due to mental health?

No and no.
She can appoint a soliciror. The company with legal aid on the substantive matter will usually act. You cannot do it for her.
In terms of getting the matter dismissed, mental health is a non issue. Either she failed to surrender or she did not. If she did then either she did it with reasonable excuse or not. If not, then she should really be pleading.
Courts do not section. Social workers and dockers so that. You can always make a referral. That will not mean she is not prosecuted though.
Can I clarifh anything for you? I will reply in the morning now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Considering she is currently in prison, will she be presented with legal representation or I should contact one to go see her?

I presume she does have solicitors on the substantive matter? I would be surprised if they don't know she has been remanded.
You can contact them on her behalf if you think they may not.