12826847

I have been divorced 12 years. Arrangements have

Customer Question

I have been divorced 12 years. Arrangements for children have been via a 'statement of arrangements for children' that was incorporated into the process when I filed for divorce. In the statement it says that their dad has to provide 25% of his net income to the children until they are no longer in full time education.
He is now saying that the statement is not legally binding and although he has received a significant payrise, he is refusing to show me his p60 and has stuck to an arbitrary figure which he thinks is fair. I don't agree.
My questions are, 1) Is the statement of arrangements for children legally binding?
2) can I just apply to the court for an attachment of earnings if it is?
Rachael
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
For clarity was the financial agreement ever set out in a Financial Order and sealed by the Court?
How old are the children now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Yes, the financial agreement is within our statement of arrangements for children, which has been stamped by the court as part of our divorce.

The children are now 21, 19 and 12.

The agreement states that he must pay child support at the specified percentage of his net income until the children are out of full time tertiary education.

The 21 year old is no longer in full time education so obviously the percentage needs to be pro rata minus her allocation.

The 19 yr old is in full time education and will be for three more years. She is also severely disabled.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Rachael

Thank you for that.
What form of Education is the 18 year old in?