75100385

I have filled in a booking form and posted the cheques for

I have filled in a booking form and posted the cheques for £1775 to pay for our holiday villa.
The agent has just emailed me saying they want another £450 or they will cancel our booking. Can they do this ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did they confirm the price in writing, or email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems that the price on the web site is now what they are asking for ie £2050...
When I booked the property I didn't look closely at the costs I just sent a brief email asking for cost and availability...this was the email I received, acted on and paid for..
On 24 Apr 2015, at 01:55, Caroline Page wrote:
Dear *****
Thank you for your enquiry concerning my home below. I can confirm that she is available for the time you are looking at and the price would be £1575 for your week (I have just sent you an email offering this villa as an alternative to another you have enquired about and I had quoted the wrong price – this lower price is the correct one). Pool heating is available if required at £200 per week
Omont Cristi is a very popular home with guests as it is a furnished and equipped to an exceptional standard, inside and out, is designed to have the feel of a boutique hotel (but without the other guests) and is well located for exploring the local towns and beaches of Lagos and Luz
If you would like any further information on the above then please do come back to me. Alternatively, if you would like to book, then you can do so by going to http://fs16.formsite.com/carolineess/form514458185/index.html
On receipt of your booking form I will then hold the villa for three days pending arrival of the full amount (as arrival is within eight weeks) together with a returnable damage deposit of £400
I do hope I can help you with your holiday. However if there is anything else you need then please do not hesitate to contact me
With best wishes
Caroline Page
www.primealgarverentals.com
+44 1223 911586
Skypename: Primealgarve
Whats the £450 extra for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know, she is saying that she quoted me the wrong price in her email and wants me to make up the difference.
But you paid a deposit based on the above email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have sent cheques for £1775 for the villa plus pool heating and another one for £400 the security deposit and I've completed the booking form on line
Ok. Well its their mistake. Unless the email or their booking form says errors and omissions excepted then its their fault. As you paid the deposit there is a contract. They can not change the contract and must honour it. If they do not then you can sue for breach of contract and any higher cost paid for the same or similar accommodation.
But if the booking forms says errors and omissions excepted then they exclude errors and you have to pay the difference. So check the email and booking form carefully.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.