Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I changed my name in 2009 with a solicitor in Caerphilly in

Customer Question

I changed my name in 2009 with a solicitor in Caerphilly in Wales called Evans and Greaves Solicitor
Unfortunately I seems I lost the form with my changed name from 2009 and I need it for a vias applicattion for a visa for my wife
What I am told I hace to do is to have a letter issued changing from Raymond Clave Jenkins to Baron Sir Raymond Clive Jenkin DeVan
Thats no S in Jenkin
DeVan
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

There is no great difficulty caused by your having lost the original deed poll. Has Did the solicitor retain a copy of your signed deed poll please? I so did he work for a firm or was he a sole practitioner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I am told by Evan and Greaves that they do not keep a copy of a name change forms in its files its the clients resposibility to keep a copy of the change of name deed form

The old solicitors tell me all I need to do is obtain a new form from a solicitor and sign it

Ray

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
As regards ***** ***** keep a copy that is a matter of policy for the firm. There is no rule either way although it is good practice generally for a firm to keep a copy of a deed prepared by them for their clients convenience.However it is of little conseuqence in this case because essentially what they have told you is correct in that all you need to do is sign a new deed poll which includes a declaration that you changed your name on [Date] and that you have been using that name for all purposes since that date.You can obtain a replacement deed poll from a solicitor usually for arond £100-150 + VAT. Alternatively I would be happy to prepare a draft for you for around half that amount should you wish which you can then sign and have witnessed in front of an independent adult whereupon it is a valid deed poll.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

However it is of little conseuqence in this case because essentially what they have told you is correct in that all you need to do is sign a new deed poll which includes a declaration that you changed your name on [Date] and that you have been using that name for all purposes since that date.

This is what I wish to do

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Would you like me to prepare this document for you or do you prefer to make an appointment to see a solicitor? I am happy to prepare a draft deed you can sign for £70 if that is acceptable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I want you to prepare prepare the document on your firms name and sign the deed explaining that i have used the change of name since 1209

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I will create something called and Additional Services Offer which should come up on your screen in a few moments. Once the offer appears, you need to click the button to say you accept it. Please note that although I am based in England the site is US owned so I have to denominate in US dollars so the amount may not be exactly £70. We will then be able to exchange contact details in order that you can give me the information I need to prepared the draft.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. My email address should be visible - if not you may need to refresh the page. If you could drop me an email at that address I will ask you for the information I need to prepare the draft and then proceed to draft it. If you ar able to provide the information to me in the next couple of hours, I will aim to have the draft with you later today.