UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

If I apply 6 month visa husband to join me from

If I apply for a 6 month visa for my husband to join me from Zimbabwe (before applying for a longer term visa next year) what documents will I have to supply in order to proove he will be going back to Zimbabwe at the end of the 6 months? We are planning a workshop in Zimbabwe next Easter and can provide publicity for this event. I have been advised that if we dont provide enough documentation, we may not be granted the visa for fear of him trying to stay beyond the 6 months. Is this true? Is there any reason why it would be detrimental to apply for him to come for 6 months this year and then to apply to join family living permanently in the UK next year when I hope to be in a better financial situation?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with him applying for a visit visa first and then applying for a spouse visa next year.
However, as a visitor, he needs to show that he will return back home after the visit and he may do so by showing family, property, employment ties back home.
See here for the documents required https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide
Hope this helps