13262538

My ex husband and I agreed amicably he would have our daughter

My ex husband and I agreed amicably he would have our daughter every weekend , with changes to this agreement if both parties agreed. The courts agreed with all this and the also the amount of maintenance to be paid.
Two years on from this court agreement. He stopped seeing his daughter regularly and I found out she was just staying with his parents , as he was 300 miles away seeing his new girlfriend . I wasn't happy as I was missing valuable time with our daughter and suggested he saw her alternate weekends, this meant he saw his daughter and saw his girlfriend equally . This was working within reason for 2 years until last year , when his girlfriend fell pregnant , he has since moved the 300 miles away, dropped his daughters maintenance because he went through the CSA (who overturned our court agreement ) and he now wants to see his child every 3 weeks, if he doesn't have other commitments . How can I help my child, this will destroy her, (he didn't see her for over 4 months when his baby was due and then born ). His girlfriend has health issues and he frequently changes his mind last minute about seeing his child or leaves early , because his girlfriend plays the guilt card. Does the court agreement protect my 9 year old in any way?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I can wait , but no more than 48hrs

My name is ***** *****
Ideally what do you wish to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to get my exhusband to stick to his agreement to see his daughter every other weekend . He said at first he couldn't for financial reasons and then when we solved that issue he changed his reasoning to ' spending more time with his stepson and new family' .His expectation is also the weekends he does see his child she shouldn't go to any outside activities that requires him to take her to (she goes Saturday morning , weekly to a theatre school ,has already worked professionally and has managed to get a contract with a talent agent), I've said this is all unreasonable as she's been going the last 4 years.

Given how far away he now lives how would the theatre school issue work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We had already changed it from one venue to another ,to accommodate him, by making it a Tuesday evening , however after 2 years the school recently changed it to Saturday mornings. For the duration of the contact with his daughter, he always stays at his parents home ,approx 15 miles away, from class. I've offered to take her Saturday morning from my home and for him to pick her up at 12pm from the venue.

I am sorry but sadly the court cannot force your ex to see your daughter.
You can certainly insist that there is a regular pattern of contact and say that if your ex doe snot stick to it then contact will be cancelled - but that is the extent of what you can do.
In addition if an arrangement is agreed then the contact will take priority over all other activities
Realistically he may be more willing to commit to once every three weeks or once a month - which will mean that your daughter is not let down so much - and misses Theatre school less often.
I am sorry as I know that this is not what you wished to hear.
please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.