tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I recently signed a shorthold tennancy agreement to rent a

Customer Question

I recently signed a shorthold tennancy agreement to rent a room for six months. After signing i noticed two mistakes in the contract which the landlord admitted. He then emailed me a revised contract which i havn't signed yet. Is the original one still legally binding?
Mark
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mark, thank you for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.
If the mistake was a fundamental one, which goes to the heart of the agreement, and will influence whether or not he would've entered into it to start with, and the agreement may not be binding. However, if the mistakes are not fundamental to the nature, character and terms of the agreement, then it is likely still to be binding.
It will likely be binding with reference to the terms that you actually agreed not what is showing in the document, especially if you have both agreed that this should be the case.
Tony