12826847

As a pensioner i am covered by an agreement between the company

Customer Question

As a pensioner i am covered by an agreement between the company and trades unions. The company are refusing to recognise those rights and are refusing to go to a third party to consider both sides positions.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What rights are you trying to enforce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ben,

I am a pensioner with Ervia which is the National Gas Company in Ireland. I retired from the company in 2005. An agreement was negotiated between the Company and the Trades Unions in 2000. Within that agreement a set of Policy Booklets were issued to employees

which set out various Policies 13 in total covering areas ranging from Health Safety and Welfare, Employee Assistance, Retirement Planning etc.

The points i am raising are in relation to Retirement Planning and the reference to support for Retired Employees in relation to Post Retirement counselling, support during illness and support for a Retirement Association for Pensioners. The company are refusing to implement these Policies as they relate to Pensioners and have not responded to repeated requests from the Pensioners Association to implement these these agreed Policies. I contend that the company are in breach of this agreement. I would welcome your views. Thank you

Michael A. Phelan.

I have looked into your query in more detail but do not think I have the answer to your question. I will therefore opt out and let other experts take this further if they can. Someone should respond shortly. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you