12826847

I had an accident in my friends car turns out i didn't have

I had an accident in my friends car turns out i didn't have third party cover to drive the car .Her insurance company are now looking to her for compensation and from the third party also .
what do i do?
Need help for her and me
Yours sincerely
Andrew
Are you asking if you are liable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I assumed i would be liable .i was not aware that i wasn't covered at the time off the accident .

the other vehicle involved was damaged as was my friends .

her insurance company are now saying she is liable for the claim from the third party as well .

her insurance company is now saying she will bare the hole costs of the claim .personnel injury as well as cost incurred.

Ok.
Are you asking if she is liable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jo

Am i liable ?

And is she liable

Her insurance are back peddling after telling her she was covered under her policy ,as the owner of the car .Now the situation seams to be different.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello jo

Could do with some great advice on how to proceed ,can you help ?

Andrew

Yes, in short.
She is liable for the manner of her own driving and that of those she allows to use her car. You could argue that she has divested her control of the car to you and so they should be suing you as long as she puts them in a position where they can.
Unfortunately, you are liable. There is no way around it. You are responsible for the manner of your driving as we all are. The only reason our insurance companies cover us is that we have a contract with them demanding it.
In terms of whether you can depend on your insurance, you need to get to the bottom of that. Either you were covered or you were not. If your policy does not then you will have to look at hers. I wouldn't necessarily accept their version of events though. Check the contract to see whether or not they are right. If the policy does cover her and her drivers then they are liable. However, her policy will need to cover any designated driver.
This is always supposing that you were at fault for the accident. If you were not then clearly you are not liable.
If it is a low value collision though then it might be worth settling.