13262538

How long after marriage can a premarital agreement stand against

How long after marriage can a premarital agreement stand against any future marriage disputes?
Was the agreement signed after you had both had independent legal advice; there had been full financial disclosure and it was signed at least 28 days prior to the marriage?
Does it make provision for future children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for coming back to me.

In regards ***** ***** first question, no I had no legal advice before I signed the paperwork.

In regards the "full financial closure" I am not sure what you mean by that. But If my guess is right, my answer would be. When we got together I was in debt. For two years I worked hard and managed with her help, that is full control over the funds I earned, to pay those debts, note that was all from my earning none of those debts were paid by her money. Although I do not have the papers with me, in regards ***** ***** 28 days I would say yes. Just to let you know but it might be irrelevant, I left the house with my cloths only after having being beaten badly by her. Kicked, punched and more. Got scared and left there and then.

In that case it is highly unlikely that the Agreement would stand in any event since it fails one of the basic tests - assuming that it was signed in England and Wales.
If it had been properly drawn up then theoretically it could stand no matter how long the marriage lasted - but it does all depend on the specific circumstances
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details