75100385

I am getting many "No caller id" calls. What are my rights

Hi, I am getting many "No caller id" calls. What are my rights to find out who these callers are? can I get the law to inform the Mobile company that these calls are causing me anxiety and affecting my work?
Many thanks.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you complained to the police please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I have sent an email to one of the local constable which is like this:" NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED/UNCLASSIFIED
Dear Joy,
Thank you for your email.
I am very sorry to hear that you are feeling down as a result of these calls.
I would like to reassure you that these calls and those that show up as “No Caller ID” are common practice from telemarketing companies. I myself receive calls like this regularly.
In order to stop these calls please look at the following link which will take you to the Telephone Preference Scheme (TPS) http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html This will enable you to register your home phone and mobiles and removes you from telemarketing lists. This process does take around 3 months for calls to stop. When filling out new forms for credit/memberships/products etc it is also important to tick the box stating you do not wish to receive any further information or deals and that you do not wish for other companies to contact you.
It may also be worth speaking with your network provider to ask if you can change your mobile number. You should also register your new number with the TPS above.
I hope this email will go some way to putting your mind at rest.
Kindest regards
Lee
Lee Hare 6108
............
Police Community Support Officer And GLO
Unison LGBT Officer For Wiltshire Police
............
Haydon Wick NPT
Tel: 101 Ext: 735814
*****@******.***
cid:*****@******.***
Wiltshire Police
North Police Point
Orbital Shopping Park
Thamesdown Drive
Swindon SN25 4BQ
From: joy peerwala [mailto:*****@******.***]
Sent: 24 April 2015 09:36
To: ***** *****
Subject: Re: Doorbell [RESTRICTED]
Hello Officer Lee,
Is it possible to talk to you in person some time? I want to talk about the phone calls I am receiving these days. These are not from any telly marketing etc but I suspect these are the same people who are trying to keep a tab on me. I have been avoiding picking up the phone as when I pick up the phone they either go silent or talk with some fraudulent identity (like if you see the attachment - they have been continuously calling me without leaving any messages) - I finally picked it up yesterday and they gave some lame excuse about calling from Mercedes Benz. When asked why there is no number she again said that this is how they operate. Further I asked why she hasn't left a voice message, again something like I wanted to talk to you (this I don't think is the right at all). The calls have again started this morning - this time around - it rings and get cut off. This is happening at my work place too. They call on my number once and then drop it. My mobile number is *********** and my work number is ***** 667228
I am really becoming paranoid now and this is affecting my mental health and I keep thinking about these calls.
The reason why anyone would want to do this - I suspect its being done by my brother in law's (who live in Mumbai) relatives in UK. His name is***** I don't know the name of his relations in UK hence I am not sure what name I can give you. Please see the call records from my mobile phone.
Any help in this matter will be really appreciated.
Many thanks again.
Joy
P.S: I am also including the car video from last time. I am not sure what and how you can help me because this is affecting me and if by law you can't help me in this matter, at least have these emails as evidence in case of any harm is done to me or my family.
On 9 January 2015 at 20:17, wrote:
Dear Officer Lee,
Thanks ever so much for stopping by and checking the stuff out. Appreciate you coming over it makes us feel more secure and know the fact that you are just a call away from any help which we might need. I'll keep you posted regarding this. Once again from me and my family a big thank you for checking up on us.
Good night and may God bless you.
Cheers
Joy Peerwala.
Sent from my iPhone
On 8 Jan 2015, at 16:11, Hare, Lee wrote:
RESTRICTED
Dear Mr Peerwala,
Thank you for your email regarding the problem you are having with your doorbell being pressed and no one being at the door.
Would you be happy for me to come and visit you? I have dealt with a similar issue like this before and the problem was the door bell itself. If the doorbell is wireless it will run on a frequency that you can change. If one of your neighbours has recently installed a new doorbell it is possible that they may be on the same frequency and therefore when someone presses their doorbell it will also activate yours.
I hope this is helpful and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kindest regards
Lee
Lee Hare 6108
............
............
Haydon Wick NPT
Tel: 101 Ext: 735814
*****@******.***
Wiltshire Police
North Police Point
Orbital Shopping Park
Thamesdown Drive
Swindon SN25 4BQ
RESTRICTED
NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED/UNCLASSIFIED
The easiest way to deal with this is to get a call feature that only allows incoming calls if they have a number.
I can't remember what it is called but unless they have a number it will block it. Alternatively you can get a handset that blocks automatically unknown numbers. You can't forget the police or phone operator to stop the calls.
Unless there has been an offence sadly the police won't act and you can't make them. But you can take steps yourself.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you wanted and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
You could always try and complain to OFCOM the Regulator to see if they can take any action.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.