Whilst drafting a letter to the supplier, I realised that there is a bit of information I should pass by you.
A couple of days after we submitted our cancellation (the letter was dated 14th but actually emailed on 15th), I received a phone call from a member of staff called Kim, who said she was responsible for sorting out this business. She suggested that rather than us lose all the deposit money, she had the authority to give us two options.
1. We had been given a 16% discount on the bed at the show. Plus we were promised a hand massager and two pillows. Kim said that she is in a position to offer us 25% discount (and the extras) and put the order on hold for 6-8 months or longer.
2. Let us have the hand massager if we didn't want the bed (massager costs about £450 roughly).
She has been chasing me for a response to the options and I have been telling her that I was waiting to hear from my friend.
Please can you advise if I send a letter to her asking for the deposit back, the options above will be cancelled. Neither my friend and I want to buy the bed now and the massager is not really something we want. Both of us have severe back problems, which is the reason we wanted to purchase the bed.
I look forward to some advice from you. When I do I will send the letter.