75100385

I had a car accident last Friday , 3 days ago. I was driving

Customer Question

I had a car accident last Friday , 3 days ago. I was driving normally and peacefully through my daily routine route for the last 15 years at least when some one hit my car from the back. I was not sure about what happened. The driver of the other car came out of his car and started cursing me and threatening. I tried to calm him down when I realized he was about to hit me in my face. He really stood very close to me almost touched my face. I told him that his behaviour is not justified and that accidents happen. I did not tell him at all that it was his fault because he hit my car in the back bumper. I think I was saved from him attacking me physically , the coincidental presence of the police station few meters far just across the road.
I felt very humiliated and psychologically hurt. I consider my self an outstanding citizen. I have been practicing as a medical doctor in the UK for almost 30 years. That driver was about 30 years younger than me. At work I am held at the highest level of respect being dignified by every one.
I still feel very sad about that driver's behaviour and keep imagining the scenario of him attacking me on the main road.
The insurance company will most probably consider him at fault but this is my last of worries.
There must be some thing which can be done to stop such aggressive people from reflecting their behaviour on others. I do not know of any thing that can be done legally. Even if I have witnesses about that incident the police will nt do anything about it as long as he did not actually physically touch me.
Please advise me. Thanks.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Jo..I do not understand your question.

I am just wondering if there is any legal action which can be taken to put such aggressive individuals under control. I want to pursue a legal action to make him suffer and refrain from doing it again.

Sorry, can't help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
That specific expert said she could not help.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you report it to the Police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Alex for your reply.

I have not reported to the police because I know that the trend or the attitude is not to do any thing for you as long as there is no physical damage . Also I have no witnesses.Thanks.

Yes the Police can still take action. You should report it to the Police. It may be that the Police do or do not take action, you can't force them to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much. Is there any thing else more influential which I can do apart from reporting to the police ? .

Sadly not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I just feel that there must be some legal action to be taken in my case. In the very beginning when I asked my question I was asked to increase the price because it takes some effort to answer the question. Also I was sasked to receive an answer over the phone for more fees. I was then under the impression that there are specific answers to be said.
I am hoping to do some legal action about this matter . It does not have to be through the police. Could be through the court. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Relist: Other.