12826847

I took a Speed Awareness Course in November 2013. I have just

Customer Question

I took a Speed Awareness Course in November 2013. I have just received another notice of Intended prosecution as it is alleged that I was driving at 58 mph in a 50 mph temporary roadworks zone. It is also stated that my vehicle crossed the stop line 0 seconds after the red traffic signal had been alluminated. I have absolutely no recollection of this and have been very careful since being on my course.
I was on my way to my dearest friend's funeral and had been caring for my husband 24/7 who had recently come out of hospital after suffering a massive stroke. All of this can be verified is there any way that this could be taken into consideration.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to know if:

I send a letter to the authority explaining my circumstances at the time - would it be taken into consideration.

It states that the allegation is supported by photographic and/or video evidence - can I see this?

Will I be able to attend another course or will the penalty points be doubled as this is a second offence.

I am sorry but it is bad news.
You can always send them a letter. It wouldn't do any harm. It would almost certainly be completely disregarded. It doesn't go to the offence. It goes to mitigation.
You can see the photographs but only if you refuse the fixed penalty and go to court and contest the matter.
If you last did a speed awareness course in November 2013 then you cannot do another I'm afraid. You can only have one course every three years.
They might give you a fixed penalty though if this is 58 mph in a 50 mph zone.
Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Jo - it's what I expected but I'm still confused with the bit about crossing a red light at 0 seconds. I do not remember seeing a traffic light on the A14.

It is because you are supposed to stop upon amber not upon red but they won't prosecute that in the circumstances.