UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My wife has been told she needs a B1 English qualification

Customer Question

My wife has been told she needs a B1 English qualification in order to apply for Nationalisation but I believe she does not require this as she passed her life in the UK test before Oct 2013 and met all the English language requirements at the time. Can you confirm which is correct?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
No this is incorrect, she now needs to pass her B1 English language test regardless of when she passed her life in the UK test. If she has already undertaken a B1 English language test and it has not expired, then she does not need to undertake another one again.
However, if she has not undertaken a B1 English language test then she must do so before applying for naturalisation.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.