75100385

I have a problem with an electricity supplier from an old

I have a problem with an electricity supplier from an old address
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am a full time 2nd year mature student living away at University. When I moved from my home address I informed Southern Electric (at a public payphone) in September 2013 that I could not pay September's bill until my grant arrived and that I would clear that bill each month. To the best of my knowledge (having checked my bank statements online) I had paid each month by direct debit until I cancelled this around April-May at some point. I am unable to check every single payment before February 2013 as the account I had used has been closed is not available to see. My understanding, is that the amount left to pay came to a little over £45.00, I am willing to pay at anytime.

Ok. So you owe £45, that I understand. Where are we now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had to call SE again after receiving another bill for £807.92 and spoke to someone who just took details and said he needed to escalate and appeared to agree it did not seem okay. Today I received an email from the head branch in Perth saying I owe £790 (or thereabouts); it seems they are not listening to me and the fact all this is happening on my University email is frustrating and upsetting.

OK. You need to write and make a formal written complaint. This can be done at:
PO Box 7506, Perth PH1 3QR
If they do not resolve the complaint then you can raise it with the Energy Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can be contacted at: www.ombudsman-services.org/energy
That should resolve the problem. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already have another complaint with the ombudsman and was unsure how many are permitted at one time.

There are no limits. If this arising out of DIFFERENT facts you are ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay. Thanks, ***** ***** up with a formal complain and if necessary the ombudsman - as recommended.

Happy to help!
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One thing - what is the usual time frame before the energy people should respond.

It really depends on their workload. They should acknowledge the complaint fairly quick.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.