12826847

I have had inappropriate dealings () with a serving West

Customer Question

I have had inappropriate dealings (sexual) with a serving West Yorkshire police officer some years ago and because this is out if the 12 month complaints threshold the local force will not do anything about it he was on duty at the time and has also accessed sex line telephone numbers while on duty. I have taken it to the ipcc where I was dealing with a lady then a gentlemen took over the complaint and put an end to my complaint and said I would have to apply to the court to take it further. Is there any other way that I could get this brought to light and dealt with
If the IPCC have closed the case then there is no appeal from that except I suppose judicial review which would be extremely expensive and probably baseless.
You can always ask them to set aside deadlines but they don't do it often because there needs to be certainty.
You are not describing any criminal offences so there isn't any point in making an allegation.
I'm afraid that this is one of those cases where fortune favours those who act swiftly. Complaint deadlines are fairly vigorously enforced unless there is an overwhelming reason to depart from them - like not knowing the basis of a complaint for instance.
I'm very sorry but their view will be that twelve months is long enough to bring a complaint.