75100385

Do I have to pay a final bill decoration? Thru rated

Do I have to pay a final bill for house decoration? Thru rated people had a quote for £975 with work to be started April 16th working till finished. Sunday. Was not finished, 2 men came back Friday and a half day Saturday. I find that the 2 are still at college so not qualified. Their boss has not appeared to check finished work, but I had a bill for £1346.50. Do I have to pay this extra even tho I was not told I would be charged more. It was agreed the job took longer as the boss did not explain the work properly to the guys.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Was it an estimate or a quote please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IT was an estimate sent by email after a visit

But you were never informed it would be more?
So am I right in thinking that the work took longer than agreed and not done by anyone qualified?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes,both young men attend college mon- wed

Did they tell you who would do the work, ie qualified people?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tom, the boss said he would have 2 men working till completed, I assumed they would be qualified. as I got his details thru rated people who advertise on tv. I find he is not a decorator but set up the business in oct 2014 mainly as a property developer.

Indeed. If they are not qualified and have overrun then you do not have to pay the balance. If they have done a good job then you should pay the £975 as they have done the work,
However you don't need to pay more than this or if they have done a bad job, the cost of puting the work right,

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.