12826847

I feel I have been mistreated by the medical profession and

Customer Question

I feel I have been mistreated by the medical profession and the DWP I was assessed by a doctor or medical officer who had not even heard of my condition . I suffered for over a year because of it .My income dropped and I got into debt because of people who had not looked at my case . I will add , all this happened after my G.P. retired.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After yrs of alcohol abuse I was admitted to Ninewells Hospital in 2000 I was transferred from there after a few months to a care home for the mentally disabled.I remained there for almost a year. I came back into society in 2004 where I had support workers helping me.I have terrible memory problems ect and cant remember the dates but I can through your help possibly get them from my care manager and support workers. I was originally diagnosed with Korsokoffs Syndrome which results in bouts of memory loss .In 2012/13 I was asked by the DWP to go to an interview for assessment with Atos, this resulted in me being put on Job Seekers . I had a terrible year with me going for job interviews only for me being refused jobs or chances of jobs because of my confusion . I got more and more depressed and was eventually put on anti depression tablets . The DWP also decided to take away my Mobility car which has resulted in me relying on friends etc to get my shopping etc ect . While on Job Seekers and ESA I could not pay my commitments and had to go onto a debt help group Step Change . The issue with the assessment at Atos the person doing the interview didn't even know what Korsokoff Syndrome was . DWP have now decided that I should go onto P.I.P. but I have asked for information on what I am getting but I get no answers. Thank you ***** *****.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Have you appealed the decision to a tribunal? If not, why not?